I have a salt water system with about 13,365 gallons of water. Test claimed I was low on stabilizer and although I could not see how that was so (had already bumped it up) I added some. It then read high and no matter how many times I send out water through waste the stabilizer still will not go down and stay there. It seemed to drop to 100 but then after vacuuming again (given that its cloudy I didn't know the amount of old leaves that were still in there) and letting out a lot of water and refilling it, it now reads higher again on the stabilizer. How is this possible? My only thought was perhaps undissolved stabilizer caught in the debris got stirred as I vacuumed and dissolved, raising my levels. Is this possible? I'm frustrated to say the least. The water is blue but cloudy. FC is 3, TC is 5, PH is 7.6, TA is 180 and stabilizer is 150. My TA nose dived after a bunch of rain to 40. I put less baking soda than recommended and it still went higher than it should have. Waiting for it to come back down with the next rain shower. Now the recommendation is to shock to fix the chlorine. I've done that before with it changing nothing. Should I shock it? Last week had no chlorine but after emptying and refilling to reduce the stabilizer we now have the above chlorine numbers. Salt level is 2990 so it needs a bit more salt. Help?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk