Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: K-2006 or TF-100

1. Back To Top    #1

K-2006 or TF-100

I was under the impression the K-2006 was the kit to have but I also see some of the more experienced guys say they use the TF-100
    Can I get some feedback on which one will serve me best?

Thanks,

Captain
    8M x 4M X 2M no slope IG CONCRETE w/ceramic glass tile
    17,000 Gal EMAUX SWG JAZZI FILTER W/1-3 mm glass media, Jazzi Multi-port valve with
    T-750 filter w/ glass media
    1 main drain sump -3 returns - 1 skimmer
    Kokido digital salinity tester, Kokida drops for CL Hanna digital PH meter, Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: K-2006 or TF-100

It mostly boils-down to the amount of reagents you get with each kit. You can see a comparison here: Pool School - Test Kits Compared.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

And the TF100 is only available from 2 companies in the US. Not sure if they would ship over there or not.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Some folks have had luck with using a reshipper company. You send it them, they send it to you. My concern is getting it through customs. I seem to remember from last year, that was an issue.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

I will check who stocks TF-100 in USA IF MY POOL STORE CAN't locate one in Bangkok. I can always have it delivered to my brother in WA and have him send to me.
    I do that frequently, I have not lived in America for 10 yrs

Captain
    17,000 Gal EMAUX SWG JAZZI FILTER W/1-3 mm glass media, Jazzi Multi-port valve with
    Kokido digital salinity tester, Kokida drops for CL Hanna digital PH meter, Taylor K-2006

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Like many of us "Internationals' getting the right test kit from the US is difficult. Needless to say I think you'll find it near on impossible to get either the TF-100 or K-2006 in Thailand. I would definitely recommend getting your brother to send you one but might be worth checking the Thai customs rules beforehand.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

Customs are generally after drugs and weapons. A re-shipping service or buddy should have a pretty high success rate.
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Pin is correct, I find Thai customs to be pretty easy. I have been through Bangkok airport countless times and usually have some type of food every time, never a problem, even when I brought my dog from China, it took 30 minutes in Bangkok to get him cleared and no quarantine, but get caught with ONE marijuana seed and you will do 10 yrs in the Bangkok Hilton.......a please you never want to see the inside of.