Best base for pool legs

Apr 11, 2016
Providence RI
Hello,
I am installing an intex 12'X24'x52" rectangular pool. I am confused about what kind of base to put under the legs. Intex says to use 15"X15"x1.2" pressure treated wood, or steel pads or reinforced tiles. I can't seem to locate PT wood that is 15" wide, and I've read that the wood breaks under the weight.. I have no idea where to buy steel pads or reinforced tile. I've also read in various threads that 1 inch patio pavers break. Is there a consensus on the best thing to support legs on this type of pool? I read in a few thread that 16'x16'x4 is a good choice. But, I have to special order those (not carried locally.) Do 1.5 pavers work? Any tips on where to find steel pads or reinforced tiles? This pool has 18 legs to support. I previously had a 15' round intex on this spot, but we never used pavers. I want to get the pavers right the first time so we don't waste time/effort/water. Thanks for any insight you have!

Any steel shop in your area will make you steel plates to you spec. 1/4" thick steel plate will be adequate, will not rot, break, and last you pretty much forever. Lots of steel scrap yards also get cutoffs of plate steel that may match your size requirement.

You'll need very thick pavers to support the load with this pool. Like 4" pavers they set trailers on. Or, you can make your own footer yourself. It's a thought.

Mine was probably one of the threads about the 1" pavers snapping (I unfortunately did have to drain and rework!). I went to 2" thick by 16" wide and 12" deep pavers (HD sells them for about 5 bucks each) as I also trying to keep costs down if possible. Its only been 10 days or so - but these seem to be solid and holding well and the legs show no signs of buckling at all. Our pool is slightly smaller than yours though - but in theory that weight/stress should be distributed about the same.

905997acae4b32e9e0097e88b7318183.jpg

These are 1 & 1/2 inch and work great. Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.