First opening

Got a nice sunny day today, so took off the cover and vacuumed. Pool continues to be cloudy. I back washed after vacuum and added more DE. I hadn't tested my chlorine in a couple days because I wanted to see what it would hold. Readings today were 6 FC and 1CC. Going to let the sun hit it all day today. I tried to read CYA and might have been 10 (water is 60 degrees and cloudy)

Ok, pool still remains cloudy. I did a good, long vac to waist the best I could without being able to see the bottom. The pic is of what I stirred up on the bottom of the pool with the skimmer vac brush. I'm down to 4 days to get the sucker clear and not gaining confidence ?

Got a nice sunny day today, so took off the cover and vacuumed. Pool continues to be cloudy. I back washed after vacuum and added more DE. I hadn't tested my chlorine in a couple days because I wanted to see what it would hold. Readings today were 6 FC and 1CC. Going to let the sun hit it all day today. I tried to read CYA and might have been 10 (water is 60 degrees and cloudy)
After reading your previous post a couple days ago, I wanted to remind you of the most important aspect of the SLAM .... the proper FC/CYA levels. From that post a couple days ago, the CYA was certainly low. All of those backwashes will lower CYA over time. Have you increased it yet? It needs to be at least 30, with a matching SLAM FC of 12. If either of those are lower than that, the SLAM will drag-on forever. Perhaps that's why you are not seeing the improvement you are expecting.

My CYA seems to still be around 10-15. Water is 70 degrees. I've added 4 pounds of stabilizer and I have 4 more on hand. I did some investigating on the filter and appears my spider gasket is shot. While I'm at it, are there any seals/gaskets on the pump diverter besides the spider and big O ring? I took it apart and the spider gasket is in bad shape. I'm guessing that's my pressure problem (see pic as well, water coming out between top when pressure surges). I also may have clogged my line from the skimmer to filter (forgot to put basket back in skimmer when dropped the skin vac in). Been a long evening, thanks for any help you can provide ?

Here are my latest readings with my test kit. I did shock the pool again last night.
FC-13
CC-0
PH-7.2
TA-175
CH-100
CYA-32

Seeing more and more of the bottom of the pool everyday and I'm brushing every day. Filter has been holding steady PSI.
Should I be concerned with my TA and CH numbers?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.