First opening

A SLAM just takes time. Patience is one of the most important ingredients. As for the stabilizer, I don't recall where you are right now. But if you're CYA is at 30 or above, you can pull the sock for now so that you can stay at the corresponding FC level for that CYA based on the chart. Everything you said about daily brushing, steady psi, and backwashing made total sense. I think you're doing very well, and the pics prove it.

If you are sure about the CYA only being 20, you might want to increase it by about 10 ppm just so you know it's closer to 30 for better top-cover for your FC. Backwashes could be responsible for the drop. Nice work staying on top over everything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay then. Stay with it. Also, at some point, please add your equipment to your signature. I wasn't sure what type of filter system you have. If it's sand, I might suggest adding a slight amount of DE to the filter to help filter residual algae. If you have a sand filter and are interested, let me know.

Because your doing so well by holding FC, you might want to try this: Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter. Also, did we ever discuss deep cleaning your filter? If not, you might want to do this as well: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter. One or both of those may be the final piece to this SLAM.

For the sig, I think there is a selection box you can check to allow your pool info to show on every post. You might want to look at that next time you get a chance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.