How much should autofill cost?

I have the k1100 leveler. It was 900 or 1100 and they connected it to my hose bib on the outside of my house. One builder I was considering was not willing to connect it to the hose bib and wanted me to arrange that. If my autofill is on I can hear the water running through it when I am inside the house. That is how I knew it was broken when they installed it because I heard the water running constantly. I like the way mine works. When the water is below the threshold (which you can set) the water fills the pool for an hour ( that time can be changed) and then automatically shuts off for 24 hours. If the water is below the threshold 24 hours later it goes on for another hour. Mine can also be turned on manually, which means it will fill until I turn it off.

I tend not to keep my autofill on and just turn it on when the water level is low.

I suggest you get an overflow drain with your autofill so that the pool can never overflow

I believe the Levelor is more expensive than non electronic autofills.

There is the cost of the autofill and installing it. Then there is the cost of running water to it. We had to run water like 250' to the autofill.

Thank ya'll for your feedback. We are still debating if we want one or not but so far the price seems in line with what everyone is saying. I worry we wouldn't notice a leak or it would break as I have heard good and bad things about them. Still on the fence. Any additional feedback or tips are appreciated. Thanks again!

I paid $600 to have one added to my gunite pool right when I was getting it resurfaced. So they had to drill through the concert structure. I had a water line already available.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is running some everyday just due to high evaporation rates.

I love having the autofill. My neighbor is constantly having to put a hose into his pool, which he forgets to turn off every once in a while. I do the same thing Jay does, simply turn off the valve if I am leaving for a few days. There is more of a chance of forgetting your hose on then the autofill breaking on you. I have the mechanical kind, and from what i can tell it works just like a toilet. There is just not a lot that can go wrong with it, and I think the design has been around forever. I would consider it a must have, as long as it does not cost thousands to install.

Reactions: KJB1
I have an auto fill, but it's just a pipe run from the hose bib underground into the pool. So if I need to add water to the pool all I do is turn on the hose bib and hope I don't forget! I will set my timer on my phone as a reminder to turn it off.

I have an auto fill, but it's just a pipe run from the hose bib underground into the pool. So if I need to add water to the pool all I do is turn on the hose bib and hope I don't forget! I will set my timer on my phone as a reminder to turn it off.
That is not an AUTO fill, that is just a fill line ;) I have one of those too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is my auto fill, works by toilet type float ball, it takes some playing with it to get it adjusted. It has an 1 1/12" equalizer line between the fill box and the pool and it is valued. I got a small screen type kitchen strainer and cut off the handle and place it on top of the equalizer pipe so any debris in fill box doesn't get into the pool and it has an overflow to the rice field if a heavy rain fills it up. It works great once properly adjustedimage.jpgimage.jpg

I wouldn't have another pool without an autofill, overflow line and SWG. All are mandatory for a troublefree pool. Adding water to your pool is either a chore that must be attended to a couple of times a week or it is a non-issue because you have an autofill. We had a leak a couple of years ago and our water bill went up about 50 or 100 bucks. Fixed the leak (crack in plaster) and no trouble since. I have never had to out a hose in the pool, remember to turn off the water or drain water before after or during a rain storm. I like it like that.

Not having an autofill on your pool is like not having an automatic ice maker and you have to keep filling-up plastic trays and emptying them.

If you turn yourself into being your autofill, set your phone alarm for 15 min's...I do this whenever I leave the gas grill on to burn off the "XX" still on the grill. no mater how many times you do remember to set you cell ph alarm, there are going to be times when you do not and you end-up pouring money down the drain. I would offer that the money you lose on forgetting to turn-off the hose will far exceed, if it ever happens, if your autofill breaks...

Ck the box yes for autofill

Reactions: KJB1
I see 14 replies to a question about the cost of an autofill and only three mentioned a dollar amount. Good info however I'm wondering if we can back on track. The figures posted were $300, $600 and $900 or $1100 and only one mention of brand/model#. Shall I assume the $300 is for install during the pool build? $600 if they're already tearing up the deck surface and $900-1100 to install the K1100 to a finished pool? Any clarity would be appreciated.

Reactions: TFP_Addict
I see 14 replies to a question about the cost of an autofill and only three mentioned a dollar amount. Good info however I'm wondering if we can back on track. The figures posted were $300, $600 and $900 or $1100 and only one mention of brand/model#. Shall I assume the $300 is for install during the pool build? $600 if they're already tearing up the deck surface and $900-1100 to install the K1100 to a finished pool? Any clarity would be appreciated.
Mine (the 900 or 1100 levelor) was when they were building the pool

You also might consider a fill line connected to your irrigation system and run your pool fill as a zone. This option is simple, reliable, and inexpensive. With a smart irrigation controller, it's very easy.

Reactions: KBR
They included the auto fill on mine. It never came up. The drain I didn’t get. It is surrounded by concrete and drains so overflow isn’t really an issue if we ever got a lot of rain in our desert. I was told they don’t normally install drains unless asked or if it would be an obvious issue if overfilled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.