First time pool owner: New Liner, New Heater and New Salt Water Generator..now what??

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
Hi,

I just bought a house with a very old in ground pool. The pool size is about 34 x 16.

I am getting measured for a new liner on Monday and after 2-3 weeks after that should have it installed.

I also bought a new gas heater (the Raypak 266,000 BTU) and a salt water generator (Zodiac APURE35 AquaPure Ei Series). Is this heater/Salt Generator any good?

Also, when I get the new liner, and start filling up the pool with water, what are my first steps? Adding in salt? How much salt? Should be heater be on and running prior?

Should I get a water testing kit? If so, which one?

Any help/guides would be great.

Thanks

Sorry, missed your post yesterday..

You really need a good test kit, we recommend the Taylor K-2006C or the TF100, I have and love the TF100 :) click test kits below.. ***** just saw your up north, the K-2006C is expensive but that is all you can get up there..

New fill water is easy, look below on the recommended levels

your manual recommends 4000 PPM salt level, use poolmath (above) to find out how much salt to add, remember to test salt level of your fill water before adding, there may be salt already in the water..

No need to SLAM on new water :) take a trip through Pool School - Pool School

I hope this helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.