Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi all!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi all!

Hi, I'm Steve and I'm a newish pool owner.

Bought in late 2014 but paid for pool service through the end of September last year. I've nursed it along since then, basically adding salt here and there and more or less going primarily off the SWG readings and test strips. As the time approached to open for the year I thought I'd best get more serious about making sure the water was indeed safe.

I've been lurking long enough to have things running fairly smoothly, and fortunately have no significant problems yet. I am thinking I'll add boric acid soon but have no clue if it was ever added before so I'm awaiting the test strips to determine amount. I do have some very mild discoloration of the white plastic areas that has been present for as long as we've owned the place, but hasn't changed in 1.5 years.

I'm working my way through pool school and am loving the ease of calculator.

I think that's it for now. I just wanted to drop in and thanks everyone here for contributing to a resource like this. I'm sure it will remain invaluable and I see LOTS of use in my future.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi all!

Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

4. Back To Top    #4

What more do I have to do than create and save my sig for it to show up? It took me a half hour to collect all that data!

eta: oh, nevermind...there it is.
    33k IG vinyl built 2009, Sta-Rite 24” Cristal-Flo II hi-rate sand filter, Hayward AQR15 SWG, 1.5hp Sta-Rite SuperMax single-speed pump, .75hp booster pump w/ Pentair Legend cleaner, Taylor K-2006, well-water fill.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP Steve. Your sig looks good now.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP and adding your signature. Now, no one will ask for that info and take you another half hour to disclose.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter