Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 with dedicated return line

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 with dedicated return line

I just purchased a Polaris 360. My pool has 4 return lines and one of them is dedicated to a pressure cleaner which I have, up to now, kept plugged. The other three lines are situated in a way to circulate the water and direct debris toward the skimmer. This causes the water to circulate past the dedicated cleaner line just prior to the skimmer. Polaris has what they call a Universal Wall Fitting system that allows for the 360 to be connected or removed with a 1/4 turn. They also sell an eyeball that connects to this. I assume that this is designed for situations where there is not a dedicated return line and it is necessary to remove a standard eyeball. I am afraid that if I install the eyeball for this return line, it will push debris back toward the center of the pool and away from the skimmer. Ideally, I would like to find or engineer a plug that works with the quick disconnect so that the dedicated return line can be plugged when the cleaner is not in use. I have not found anything that looks like it will function as a plug. The only other option I can think of is to orient the quick disconnect eyeball so that it is angling down, rather than up, so that it does not affect push debris away from the skimmer. Am I over thinking this? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    The size of your pool in gallons - 26000 /If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground) - IG /If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass - vinyl /The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter. - Sand /Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions - Well

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 with dedicated return line

Welcome To TFP!!!!!

Use a valve at the pad. There already may be one.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

I leave my Polaris connected unless we're using the pool.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have separate filter and pool cleaner pumps on their own timers ?