Backwash a few times whitish, greyish or greenish cloud comes out of jets

Apr 13, 2015
Nashville
How do I then find a way for this whitish, greyish or greenish cloud to be drained off from the pool instead of making it go back into the pool. I am still SLAMMING the pool. I noted this clould like thing during after a few months of using the pool and doing backwash would come back again... I think these are TSD or some inorganics...what can I do. I did lower my pool a few inches today during slamming as I had not lowered the pool for a few years now

your going to need to give us some more information :)

sand filter?
what are your test kit levels?
is it only after backwash or all the time?
how is the water clarity?

your going to need to give us some more information :)

sand filter?
what are your test kit levels?
is it only after backwash or all the time?
how is the water clarity?

SAND Filter
FC 10.5
CC- 0
PH 7.2-7.4
TA 140
CA 320
CYA 40

The water is now nearly bluish but a slight green tint.. but very slight. Cloudy. Yes the cloud comes out from 1-2 jets. It comes out after a backwash.. after say like 1-2 weeks of continuous using the pool. Water can get clear but takes like 2 weeks or more... after that it gets very clear.... I had not change the sand in the filter for 7 years now.. we have cloth pull over the skimmers and Poolskim as well...

Do you "rinse" after you backwash? Just like when you backwash and look for the sight-glass to run clear, you need to do the same thing when you rinse. Several people have found that they just don't rinse long enough, and a few never knew about rinsing. That would be the easiest place to start.

Do you "rinse" after you backwash? Just like when you backwash and look for the sight-glass to run clear, you need to do the same thing when you rinse. Several people have found that they just don't rinse long enough, and a few never knew about rinsing. That would be the easiest place to start.

Thanks so much. By the way when rinising.. do I need to turn the piping valve to let the water go out to drain.. Somehow if I do not do that the water comes back to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.