Help! Can't get wrinkles out

rdy2fly

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Wichita KS
I am FINALLY setting up my pool for the very first time, and started to fill while putting the ladder together. I got a couple inches of water in it when I got in to smooth the wrinkles out, and the liner WON'T BUDGE! So, I have a submersible pump in there now and dropped the water level to about an inch and still no luck. I am now going to suck all the remaining water out and try again tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to get this filled as much as possible because I want this thing "stable" before we get a round of severe storms on Sunday.
I forgot to mention this liner is directly on top of a Gorilla Pad which is on top of 1" pink foam board.
Has any one else had this issue, and figured out a brilliant way to get the wrinkles out?
I even tried using a plunger but no luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, its actually quite easy for me. I start when the pool is dry first, then only put about 1/2' inch or so of water in it, all while pushing out the wrinkles. What I do is stand in the very center with my pool broom and push the liner away from me towards the edges. Work very slick! The broom is about 16" wide, and on a long pole, pushes the liner right to the edge like nothing. I need to make a video of it when I put my pool up in the next couple weeks. I hear lots of folks have issue with wrinkles and getting it tight to the edge, but this method works great. I am sure I am not the first one to do it, but I just have never seen it mentioned before.

Yup, its actually quite easy for me. I start when the pool is dry first, then only put about 1/2' inch or so of water in it, all while pushing out the wrinkles. What I do is stand in the very center with my pool broom and push the liner away from me towards the edges. Work very slick! The broom is about 16" wide, and on a long pole, pushes the liner right to the edge like nothing. I need to make a video of it when I put my pool up in the next couple weeks. I hear lots of folks have issue with wrinkles and getting it tight to the edge, but this method works great. I am sure I am not the first one to do it, but I just have never seen it mentioned before.

I've never heard of it being done this way but that's pretty slick!

I bet you're right. That foam pad was blasting hot when I set the black Gorilla Pad on it, which also set out in the sun before setting the liner on it and started filling with ice cold water. I wonder if condensation formed underneath. There doesn't appear to be any leaks, and the liner was brand new and I was extremely careful with it.
Unfortunately the broom trick didn't really work for me either, so I'm guessing I'm stuck with them. My wife doesn't think it's bad but I was expecting perfection :)

I bet you're right. That foam pad was blasting hot when I set the black Gorilla Pad on it, which also set out in the sun before setting the liner on it and started filling with ice cold water. I wonder if condensation formed underneath. There doesn't appear to be any leaks, and the liner was brand new and I was extremely careful with it.
Unfortunately the broom trick didn't really work for me either, so I'm guessing I'm stuck with them. My wife doesn't think it's bad but I was expecting perfection :)

Good observation! The first two times we set up our previous 18' I was panicking that we had a leak,as there was water pooling around the edges. I forced myself to calm down and let it fill so I could watch to see if the water level dropped. It didn't. So my conclusion was that the 80 degree air temp plus the 55 degree water caused condensation. It didn't happen with our 26' pool, but it hadn't been as hot out when we finally got it up. I was left with a couple small wrinkles, as we got done putting it up late evening and it started getting dark when were filing it. No one would stay in and hold the flashlight while I got out the wrinkles because it got cold.

We just went through this yesterday. We put about an inch or so in then my wife and I started crawling around going from the center out pushing as many out as we could. It was a bit windy yesterday so we had an air bubble right under the middle that just wouldnt leave. So we got all the wrinkles out but gave up on the bubble. Added more water and it pushed the air out but left a couple small wrinkles. We can live with that! But with the wind and threat of storms in a few days I wanted to get as much water in it as fast as possible and filling at 10k gal pool from a well takes a long time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.