Pump won't prime

JKAMAM

May 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
We're trying to open our in laws pool. They usually have a pool company do it for them so they don't have much info for us. When we fired everything up it seemed to run pretty good. All of a sudden the DE filter started leaking from the bottom valve and now the pump won't prime. I'm attaching a couple of pics of the equipment. Nothing is marked so I'm not sure if the valves are open correctly or not.
Any suggestions to get the pump going?

Attachments

• 20160505_190430.jpg
    20160505_190430.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20160505_190436.jpg
    20160505_190436.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 52
Those filters are notorius for leaking at the bottom plug, try tightening but don't over tighten.

Try priming the hose with the multiport on backwash. the Valves are open. Close them, fill the pump basket, close it, turn on the pump and open the valves one at a time. It could take several tries. Are all the plugs out of the skimmers and returns in the pool?

Those filters are notorius for leaking at the bottom plug, try tightening but don't over tighten.

Try priming the hose with the multiport on backwash. the Valves are open. Close them, fill the pump basket, close it, turn on the pump and open the valves one at a time. It could take several tries. Are all the plugs out of the skimmers and returns in the pool?

I don't know what we're doing wrong. We tried what you said. Had the pump primed and running once or twice today. It just keeps losing its prime. We used our air compressor and tried to blow out all of the lines. It's like there is something blocking the water right before it gets to the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.