We've owned this pool for 5 days shy of 2 months. We bought the house and the pool came with it. I have no idea how old it is but certainly longer than a year. I would say around 7-10 years old. We've been struggling with algae and general ignorance I'm sure. Then we found your website. Our test kit came today. Up until now we have been using powered chlorine shock and 3 inch chlorine pucks from Leslie's. We have not used bleach yet.
Here are our numbers.
TA - 250
CH - 125
CYA - 95
The big problem I see is the CYA. We are on city water and we are paying for it. I've been backwashing and replacing quite a bit this week anyway because of the algae. I know I replaced around 2000 gallons yesterday alone. God knows what it was before that.
Is there anything I'm missing? How would you start transitioning to Bleach?