Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice on pool fence

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on pool fence

We have had our pool now for about 1 year (came with the house) and with 2 small children we really need to get our safety gear in place. We would like to put in one of those removable pool fences that slot into "sleeves" in the deck. All I have read always assumes that they insert into a concrete deck, but ours is mostly wood. Has anybody seen any of those systems used in wood? Alternatively, can they be installed on the coping? Ideally we would like something we could self install. Thanks!
    IG plaster pools built in 1985 (?): 16k(?) gallons lap pool (62'x8') connected by a spillover to 17k(?) gallons squarish pool (22.5'x18'). DE filters Pentair NS-48(x2), polaris 280 (non-functioning). Inline chlorinator [removed!] -> Circupool Si60 SWCG [Newly self installed March 2016!]. Recently acquired dolphin nautilus+ [Summer 2015]. Still figuring out what else I have and how things work.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice on pool fence

I think you need to have room all around the pool to get out, so you wouldn't want anything on the coping even if it would work. I put a fence in, but it was all in concrete. Below is a link to the place I ordered mine. About halfway down the page there's a video about putting the fence in a wood deck.
    Pool Fence | Easy DIY Installation | Sentry VisiGuard Mesh Fencing
    20000 gallon vinyl liner in ground pool
    16' X 34' rectangular diving pool
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter
    Hayward 1 hp Super Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit Stenner 45MPHP10

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! This seems like it would work for our setting.
    IG plaster pools built in 1985 (?): 16k(?) gallons lap pool (62'x8') connected by a spillover to 17k(?) gallons squarish pool (22.5'x18'). DE filters Pentair NS-48(x2), polaris 280 (non-functioning). Inline chlorinator [removed!] -> Circupool Si60 SWCG [Newly self installed March 2016!]. Recently acquired dolphin nautilus+ [Summer 2015]. Still figuring out what else I have and how things work.

4. Back To Top    #4

We went with a net, I think it was called Catch a Kid...or Katch a Kid. It worked....thankfully.