Test Results K-2006

Apr 25, 2016
Alice, TX
Water is clear, no major problems, except when it rains, it gets a little algae on bottom and walls of the Infinity trough. I easily treat with liquid chlorine.I have Well Water. I want to get my levels corrected, so should I start with draining 2/3 of the water and bring down CYA? And then start correcting the others?

CYA Over 100
FC 2
CC 1
PH 8.0
TA 400
CH 275

Pool is only 2 years old.

Thanks for any suggestions.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Getting the CYA down to a reasonable level is certainly the first step. Whether you try to do a large water change or multiple smaller ones.
Your FC is certainly too low for your CYA and that is why you keep seeing algae.

After the CYA is reduced, then you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process

I agree. Do some water exchange first before trying to adjust anything further. For what it's worth, try to shoot for a new CYA of around 50. You'll use a little more bleach for the SLAM, but you might save some time. Summer is not too far away, and if you get much sun during the day like I do, your FC will need that CYA protection. In the future, make sure to stay away from those pool store chlorinating products that increase CYA so quickly (tablets, pucks, bags of shock, etc).

Great to have you with us. :)

I agree. Do some water exchange first before trying to adjust anything further. For what it's worth, try to shoot for a new CYA of around 50. You'll use a little more bleach for the SLAM, but you might save some time. Summer is not too far away, and if you get much sun during the day like I do, your FC will need that CYA protection. In the future, make sure to stay away from those pool store chlorinating products that increase CYA so quickly (tablets, pucks, bags of shock, etc).

Great to have you with us. :)

Thank You for the info. I'll try water exchange first, then SLAM. So instead of the Chlorine tablets, I just buy household Bleach? Where do I find application rates? Do I just pour it in?

Thanks. I'm learning and you guys are a big help!

Please refer to the Poolmath link below in my sig or from the Home page (Poomath tab). It's fantastic. Refer to the FC row and enter your NOW and TARGET/GOAL FC numbers. Make sure to manually enter the weight (percentage) of bleach you are using on that row. Yes, regular bleach, generic is fine. Bravo from HEB or Great Value from Wal-Mart. No scented or splashless bleaches though. Just the regular plain stuff. Add slowly near a return jet with water circulating. Feed your pool everyday. Easy stuff. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.