Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain Rain Go Away

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain Rain Go Away

Quick newbie question: its been raining nonstop for about a week now, and the water in our new pool is more than halfway up the skimmers at this point -- for the first time. Should we aggressively drain it, or just wait and see if evaporation does the trick? Whats the rule of thumb?
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain Rain Go Away

As long as you still have a little gap between the water surface and the top of the skimmer you are fine.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Gotcha, and thanks -- just wanted to be sure !!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir