Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help? Newer pool owner with question

1. Back To Top    #1

Help? Newer pool owner with question

Hi all-
    Been lurking here for a while now and while I'm not completely new to above ground pools this is a new start for me with the largest pool I have maintained yet. We have always done the small round ones with filter cartridge and chlorine tablets.

Our new pool is the Intex 18X9X52 with the Intex Sand Filter and Intex Salt Water System. I have been doing my research on set up, maintenance, etc but my concern is with the salt water and my grass.

I would love to drain it in the street but the city won't like that so my thought was to water the lawn at the end of the season over a few days time.

I am reading many posts that say it won't hurt the grass and many that say it will kill it. Does anyone have additional insight on this or first hand experience? By the way, I live in ND so it's not too arid up here.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help? Newer pool owner with question

Once a year shouldn't be an issue at all.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Most grass types seem to tolerate pool water well. Have a nice weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I backwash my intex salt water pool onto the grass all the time and empty half of it onto the grass once a year (for the past 3 years) and grass is still healthy...
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys!

Sorry I have been out for a bit.. I have ben setting up the pool, leveling etc..

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter