Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl pool is like sandpaper

1. Back To Top    #1

Mcgregor Tx

Vinyl pool is like sandpaper

I have been trying to get my pool up for a few weeks now but weather has been sketchy. so I notice my liner is coated with a sandpaper like coating that will not brush off Calcium I'm thinking? not sure but I need some help getting it cleaned up! here are my test results from today

FC 3
    PH 7.6
    TA 100
    CH 150

Any help would be appreciated as to what anyone here thinks I should do next?
    Intex 22'x52" 10.5k round ultra frame agp Intex 16" sand/salt water system pump model#28681eg k2006 taylor test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Vinyl pool is like sandpaper

With a CH of only 150ppm, your pH would have to have been left very high for a long time to develop calcium scaling ... although given the description that is also what I would have guessed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Vinyl pool is like sandpaper

Probably is calcium scale. You can try lowering your CSI to -0.6 and brushing a lot. Like as many times a day as you can stand and get some volunteers. It should help over a few weeks to knock it down some. Enter all your test results in Poolmath and it will calculate your CSI. Tweak PH and TA to move it.

More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling
    And here, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach