Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need advice for a timer...

1. Back To Top    #1

Need advice for a timer...

This will be my first year with the "new" to me pool. It appears that the pool has never been on a timer. I am wanting to change that... and change the fact that the on/off switches for the pumps are mounted to the side of the pumps. What would be a good timer for me? I have the main pump for the pool, a booster pump that is currently not used for anything (not sure if it would benefit from a timer) and about to build an automatic chlorine pump with a Stenner pump. Does anyone know of a timer that can control two pumps separately? Or would I be better off having them on the same timer or two totally different timers? Since it currently has no timer I would like to do this right the first time instead of adding on later.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Need advice for a timer...

I do not know about the intermatic type timers but I do have the intermatic wireless one that will run a pump, stenner and 3 other thing in the future

It is a basic system but works great for me and a couple other people on here using them.. Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System for Variable Speed and Two-Speed Pumps - Sump Pump Accessories - Amazon.com

Here is a thread going right now about it.. Intermatic PE653/PE953 MultiWave Control System
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I will check that out.

Edit: That is really cool but a little more than I had thought about spending. Will keep it on my list of possibilities as it looks like something for now, and later additions. Thanks again!
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

No problem, I know the other ones are not quite that much but you will need to find the correct one, they have 120V, 220V and every kind of option under the sun, someone with more knowledge should be along and see your request...

It would help if you posted a picture of your power and pump setup you have now and if you are running 120 or 220...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! I will look more into what I currently have and get some pictures posted.