HASA Chlorine

Apr 2, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I bought some HASA 10% chlorine from a local pool supply store here in Phoenix, AZ. They told me the manufacturer of the chlorine usually produces it at a higher percentage (around 15%) so by the time it gets transported, put on their shelf, sold, and used, it ends up being around 10%. Is that true? If so, do other chlorine manufacturers do this as well?

Also, the Lot Number stamped on this box of chlorine was B1206. Can anyone help me decipher this, as to when it was produced?

Thanks!

I bought some HASA 10% chlorine from a local pool supply store here in Phoenix, AZ. They told me the manufacturer of the chlorine usually produces it at a higher percentage (around 15%) so by the time it gets transported, put on their shelf, sold, and used, it ends up being around 10%. Is that true? If so, do other chlorine manufacturers do this as well?

Also, the Lot Number stamped on this box of chlorine was B1206. Can anyone help me decipher this, as to when it was produced?

Thanks!

I get the HASA chlorine from a dealer in Glendale AZ, it is labeled 12.5%, I am sure Phoenix gets the same stuff...never had an issue and seems to check out at 12/5%

Is the 12.5% for the refillable bottles? I've contacted all of the HASA dealers located close to me and they only sell 10% in the disposable bottles.

Yes, in refillable white plastic gal bottles. I would almost bet what you are buying if it is the HASA is the same stuff.

Call the Pool Parts Plus at 67th Ave & Bell Rd, there is another I think it is around 59th Ave & 101 (I don't have the numbers), ask them what they have...may even be some of these in your area

Also go on the HASA web site for info & dealers

Yes, in refillable white plastic gal bottles. I would almost bet what you are buying if it is the HASA is the same stuff.

Call the Pool Parts Plus at 67th Ave & Bell Rd, there is another I think it is around 59th Ave & 101 (I don't have the numbers), ask them what they have...may even be some of these in your area

Also go on the HASA web site for info & dealers

Thanks for the advice! If you don't mind me asking, how much is it per gallon for the refillable white plastic bottles? None of the HASA dealers closest to me offer this, but if there is a significant price savings I might be willing to drive a bit further to the closest one I can find (I'm off of Warner & I-10). I'm paying $6.89 for 2 gallons 10% at B&B Pools on Baseline & McClintock

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the advice! If you don't mind me asking, how much is it per gallon for the refillable white plastic bottles? None of the HASA dealers closest to me offer this, but if there is a significant price savings I might be willing to drive a bit further to the closest one I can find (I'm off of Warner & I-10). I'm paying $6.89 for 2 gallons 10% at B&B Pools on Baseline & McClintock

I purchased a 4 gal case on 4/21/16 $14.36 plus tax (there is a deposit on the bottles & case, I think like $10, but once you do that, just bring back & exchange for another.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.