Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HASA Chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

HASA Chlorine

I bought some HASA 10% chlorine from a local pool supply store here in Phoenix, AZ. They told me the manufacturer of the chlorine usually produces it at a higher percentage (around 15%) so by the time it gets transported, put on their shelf, sold, and used, it ends up being around 10%. Is that true? If so, do other chlorine manufacturers do this as well?

Also, the Lot Number stamped on this box of chlorine was B1206. Can anyone help me decipher this, as to when it was produced?

Thanks!
    Phoenix, AZ | 30,000 Gallon Pebble-tec pool + attached spa | Hayward cartridge filter | Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump | In-ground pop-outs | Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HASA Chlorine

That is generally true. Often the really fresh stuff is a little stronger.

I am not sure how to decipher that stamp.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

It might be 120 th day of 2016?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil1 View Post
    I bought some HASA 10% chlorine from a local pool supply store here in Phoenix, AZ. They told me the manufacturer of the chlorine usually produces it at a higher percentage (around 15%) so by the time it gets transported, put on their shelf, sold, and used, it ends up being around 10%. Is that true? If so, do other chlorine manufacturers do this as well?

Also, the Lot Number stamped on this box of chlorine was B1206. Can anyone help me decipher this, as to when it was produced?

Thanks!
    I get the HASA chlorine from a dealer in Glendale AZ, it is labeled 12.5%, I am sure Phoenix gets the same stuff...never had an issue and seems to check out at 12/5%
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

it should have a date/time stamp on the bottle itself
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy70 View Post
    I get the HASA chlorine from a dealer in Glendale AZ, it is labeled 12.5%, I am sure Phoenix gets the same stuff...never had an issue and seems to check out at 12/5%
    Is the 12.5% for the refillable bottles? I've contacted all of the HASA dealers located close to me and they only sell 10% in the disposable bottles.
    Phoenix, AZ | 30,000 Gallon Pebble-tec pool + attached spa | Hayward cartridge filter | Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump | In-ground pop-outs | Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, usually the 12.5% is the refillable I think
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    it should have a date/time stamp on the bottle itself
    I've purchased chlorine from Home Depot and the HASA chlorine, and neither had anything stamped on the bottle! Go figure

9. Back To Top    #9

Is the 12.5% for the refillable bottles? I've contacted all of the HASA dealers located close to me and they only sell 10% in the disposable bottles.
    Yes, in refillable white plastic gal bottles. I would almost bet what you are buying if it is the HASA is the same stuff.

Call the Pool Parts Plus at 67th Ave & Bell Rd, there is another I think it is around 59th Ave & 101 (I don't have the numbers), ask them what they have...may even be some of these in your area

Also go on the HASA web site for info & dealers
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy70 View Post
    Yes, in refillable white plastic gal bottles. I would almost bet what you are buying if it is the HASA is the same stuff.

Call the Pool Parts Plus at 67th Ave & Bell Rd, there is another I think it is around 59th Ave & 101 (I don't have the numbers), ask them what they have...may even be some of these in your area

Also go on the HASA web site for info & dealers
    Thanks for the advice! If you don't mind me asking, how much is it per gallon for the refillable white plastic bottles? None of the HASA dealers closest to me offer this, but if there is a significant price savings I might be willing to drive a bit further to the closest one I can find (I'm off of Warner & I-10). I'm paying $6.89 for 2 gallons 10% at B&B Pools on Baseline & McClintock

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for the advice! If you don't mind me asking, how much is it per gallon for the refillable white plastic bottles? None of the HASA dealers closest to me offer this, but if there is a significant price savings I might be willing to drive a bit further to the closest one I can find (I'm off of Warner & I-10). I'm paying $6.89 for 2 gallons 10% at B&B Pools on Baseline & McClintock
    I purchased a 4 gal case on 4/21/16 $14.36 plus tax (there is a deposit on the bottles & case, I think like $10, but once you do that, just bring back & exchange for another.