2 Weeks After Opening

SteveY

May 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
So it's been 2 weeks after opening my pool (did it myself this year) and here are my test results:

FC - 4.5
CC - 0
CH - 200
TA - 90
PH - 7.5
CYA - 25

Last summer my CYA was up to 60+ but that was my fault because it was my first year with a pool and I thought with the automatic chlorinator you just crank it up and get the chlorine level up (doh), well I quickly learned that the pucks have stabilizer in them. Anyway I figure now I can bring my CYA level up, but I was just wondering what I should set the dial on my Hayward chlorinator to? Also do I need to do anything else except wait for the warmer weather to get here?

Thanks

Steve, those looks like some rock-solid numbers for just opening. I would recommend watching the CYA because it's borderline getting low - maybe even add just enough stabilizer for another 10 ppm. Oh wait, you have an in-line with tablets right? SO just open that up a little more and check CYA in about a week or so. Those dials are not the most accurate. But everything else looks really good. You must've done a good job closing last season. Enjoy your weekend.

Those are some nice looking numbers :)

what size pucks do you have? use the bottom of poolmath and see how many pucks/oz to add to bring your CYA up to 30.. it will bring you PH down and add salt.. or you could just add granular stabilizer :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.