Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Baltimore

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Baltimore

My first post here. Pool just opened. My test kit has arrived and I'm ready to get going. The pool company shocked the heck out the pool this AM and now it's blue. Finally winter is over!

I cant wait to get into some pool chemistry!

The pool was built last fall so we opened it briefly and then closed it. This is our first real season.

John
    27,000 gal concrete rectangle, built Oct '15, DE filter, Jandy PHPM 1.5 HP, Hayward HP21104T heat pump, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Baltimore

Hey there John. I spent quite a few years running around "Bal-mer" area in a past life Woowoo! memories!

How have you been chlorinating the pool so far?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Hey there John. I spent quite a few years running around "Bal-mer" area in a past life Woowoo! memories!

How have you been chlorinating the pool so far?
    It was only open for a month last year, and we used those chlorine tablets. I just opened today, and the the guy dumped in multiple bags of super shock. I think that's what it is called. It turned blue immediately!
    27,000 gal concrete rectangle, built Oct '15, DE filter, Jandy PHPM 1.5 HP, Hayward HP21104T heat pump, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

How are your test results looking? How warm is it now....getting closer to swim weather there??
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi John and welcome! Others in your area have been opening their pool as well. You're not alone. Just make sure you have your own (proper) test kit. It ALL starts there with accurate readings. Have a great weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the TF100. It's cold and rainy. Early spring. Not really swimming weather. I
    figure I'll fire up the heater in a few weeks. It's even too early for that I think.

I havent tested yet. Pool guy said to wait a week after the big shock. I was gonna do it tomorrow anyway though but will keep in mind that a large dose of shock was added.

Then in I need to read up on this bleach concept for chlorination. I'd like to follow this rather than pucks of chlorine.

7. Back To Top    #7

Start with our Pool School section (link below) and let us know if you have any questions. Happy to help.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter