Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward pH & ORP probes: Sense & Dispense vs. CAT2000/4000

1. Back To Top    #1

Newton, NC

Hayward pH & ORP probes: Sense & Dispense vs. CAT2000/4000

Hayward offers their series of CATx000 commercial systems for monitoring pH and ORP. The probes used for these systems look just like the probes used in the residential sense & dispense system. A pair of replacement probes for the residential sense & dispense costs almost as much as an entire new sense & dispense system. I can get probes for the commercial CATx000 system for less than the price of the GLX probes for the sense & dispense.

You know what they say about a deal that seems too good to be true. So I have ask if there is there someone (in the business?) on the forum who can verify whether both systems use the same probes?
    Vince L

16' x 37' fiberglass pool, 8' fiberglass spa, Hayward Swimclear C3030 filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Goldline SWCG, Goldline Sense & Dispense pH control, Fiberstars LED's in pool & spa, AquaCal SQ175R heat pump, SR Smith Typhoon slide, Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Hayward pH & ORP probes: Sense & Dispense vs. CAT2000/4000

I can't answer but maybe someone will know.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Murrieta CA

I am wondering the same thing. I have a Wwatermatic D-1 with a C2000 controller. The probes are approx $200 each. I just bought probes from Test Equipment Depot: Milwaukee MA913B/3 Combined Epoxy pH Electrode & Milwaukee MA923B3 ORP Probe with 3 Meter Cable. Both have BNC connectors and were approx $40 each. They are made for pools according to the Test Equip Depot. I am going to install them this weekend. We will see if/how they work.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Phoenix, AZ

You might want to check into Atlas Scientific. Their probes that I use are around $70~ each.
    33,000 Gallon, IG Plaster
    Taylor 2006 Test Kit
    Pentair Triton II TR100 Sand Filter
    Pentair IntelliFlo Pump
    AutoPilot SWG & Chemical Controller