Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filtration system with 3 filters - circulation + pump 1: low pressure on the dual fil

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy Filtration system with 3 filters - circulation + pump 1: low pressure on the dual fil

Hi,

I am new to spas and got the Masterspa trainer 15. It has three filters. One is very busy, the one connected to circulation pump. However, even when the filtration system is on and pump 1 is running, the pressure on the two other filters is very low. As a result, after two weeks the circulation filter was very dirty and the other two are almost perfectly clear. Since the two filter intake has the Ecopur filter, I would guess that I do want all filters to be used equally.

I understand that pump 1 runs intake on the two filters and also on the bottom of the spa, so the intake is limited for the filters.

Is this how it works for other customers of Masterspa? I would guest that circulation pump should be connected to the dual filter intake instead of the single one ... with the amount of water being circled, I will be continually cleaning that single filter ... help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filtration system with 3 filters - circulation + pump 1: low pressure on the dual

Welcome to TFP!!!

I do not know anything about Masterspas, and I doubt many if anyone here has any experience either.

I have never heard of them having more than 1 filter, but I do not know much about spas.

Maybe you will be lucky and someone will chime in
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!