Opening in Ontario Canada - pump isnt cooperating

Well, yesterday evening I removed the winter cover and looked at the lovely blue pool.

I put the hose in to raise the water level, removed the plugs from my skimmer and jets. Went on to put in my filters and fill up the bowl then seal that up.

After filling the pump and setting my jandy valve to main drain I tried to fire it up. TRIED to fire it up. The suction just wasn't making its way through to the filter.

I added some bleach and agitated the water for a good 20 minutes to help by me some time.

So today my plan is:

Check the impeller isn't clogged.
plumbers tape on all unions
shaving cream on all connections

Cross my fingers that this isn't the start of a string of events.

The in ground pool and equipment is only 3 years new.

Wish me luck and any further advice is appreciated.

So is your pump actually operating? Does it appear to be "trying" to pull-in water? Do you notice a difference between a weak motor versus a suction-side leak? Did you have the pump stored-away (disconnected) during the winter? Any change in suction if you switch from drain to skimmer?

We are back up and running. It was as expected something silly. After going through my check list (didn't hurt to lubricate the O-rings anyway), there was a plug inside the top end of the pump with the connections still on and the union screwed on top so that I couldn't see it. Phew...

It never helps to be in a rush to do anything. Just another example of that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.