Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brand new to pool ownership

1. Back To Top    #1

Brand new to pool ownership

Hi! I completed purchase yesterday of our first ever pool. We live on a few acres in the deep south and have a whole passel of kids who need to learn to swim, so we thought hey! Why not just buy a pool we can use here at home anytime! I fear we may have overpaid a bit at the pool store, but my husband is disabled, and I sure couldn't do the install all alone. Either way, it's done and on the way. I'm taking wagers on which will get here first ... The pool or our newest baby.

I've been reading for days here at TFP, and I'm hoping I've retained enough to have a smooth set up. TF100 test kit is purchased and on the way.

Glad to meet you!
    27'x52" round, 18,500 gal, vinyl liner, resin Discovery AGP installed May 2016
    Aqua Trol SWG, Hayward 19" sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, Dolphin S50 robot, well water
    TF100 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Brand new to pool ownership

Welcome! Glad you found us at the most opportune time. With that kit on the way you will be armed with the best tool you could have for pool care.

I have to ask, "Mówisz po polsku?"
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm assuming that's Polish? Hubby was born in Russia, so the pirogi we eat are of the baked meat or potato pie variety. Delicious with sour cream and hot sauce!
    27'x52" round, 18,500 gal, vinyl liner, resin Discovery AGP installed May 2016
    Aqua Trol SWG, Hayward 19" sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, Dolphin S50 robot, well water
    TF100 Test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Yep Polish. My Dad's family is from Poland.

Either way it's still a hearty Welcome from me and the rest of the folks here.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter