Foam fitted inside pool frame -- did I do it wrong?

NewDad

May 5, 2016
Denver, CO
Quick question, as I'm starting to fill and suddenly slapped my forehead. :D

I've got a 16-foot round hand-me-over Doughboy pool, and I found a great deal on the 2-inch thick XPS foam, so after leveling I made a floor with the foam and Tyvek tape, and installed peel-and-stick foam coving.

I've got the pool frame and the foam on the same level surface -- in other words, I cut the foam panels to form a circle that fit inside the pool walls, rather than underneath.

The fit is great, the work was long, it looks nice -- but did I mess up? Is there a structural need for the bottom, say, inch-and-a-half to be pressing against the bottom rails, rather than putting the pressure an inch or so higher on the wall?

Welcome to TFP :) Stick around and enjoy the party... Grab a great test kit and be ahead of the game :)

That is the exact way I was going to do it before I got my intex pool... That is also the same exact way the sand is done so I do not think you have anything to worry about...

foam-pool-cove-1.jpg

Thanks folks! I don't know why that was giving me fits.

Unfortunately I got about 16" deep before I spotted a leaky seam, so I get to wait on a new liner to come. Fortunately they're replacing it free, unfortunately it's gonna be hot the next few days!

And thanks for the welcome, I'm already reading the instructions for my test kit. And pricing store bleach!

Welcome to TFP :) Stick around and enjoy the party... Grab a great test kit and be ahead of the game :)

That is the exact way I was going to do it before I got my intex pool... That is also the same exact way the sand is done so I do not think you have anything to worry about...

View attachment 47560

Very interesting. I've never seen it done this way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.