Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crack in material for patching a gunite pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Oceanside, Ca 92054

Crack in material for patching a gunite pool?

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    After removing the plaster from my pool I found this Crack on the side wall.(Sorry posted it sideways) My plan is to channel cut the crack with a wet saw until re-bar is exposed , then hammer chisel the rest of the way leaving the re-bar in place. The crack is inline with a proposed main drain and suction line replacement project. The project will replace 1 drain with 2 drains to avoid entrapment s and upgrade the main drain suction to 3 inch. I had read in a similar post how Anchoring concrete was recommended in patch work. Does this plan seem correct? Any and all help is appreciated..

15k gallon irregular shape Pool with an attached 8 foot diameter SPA 16 jet. 160340 Cartridge Pool Filter, 320 Square Feet.460736
    Pool Heater, NG 40K 601002 IntelliBrite 5G Color LED Pool Lightx2
    520555 IntelliChlor IC40 Salt 520556 IntelliChlor Power Center.011513 EF Single Pump1Hp,
    521221 IntelliTouch i9+3.011519 EF Single Speed Up Rated Pump2hp,x2

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston tx

Re: Crack in material for patching a gunite pool?

Says it's an invalid attachment. Try using Photobucket to copy and paste the IMG code into your post. I'm sure someone can the help you out with your gunite crack!
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop