Post-First SLAM - First numbers posted

familytr33

Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
South East USA
Hi All,

Thanks so much for all the info here. In addition to a bunch of pool-related 'wins', you have boosted our confidence to use common household products instead of the expensive pool items.

Will be signing up as supporters for sure!

Following draining of the pool by 2ft for lamp replacement in April, and stopping circulation for 5 days during that period (see another thread), we ended up with a murky mess. We'd already spent $200 at the pool store earlier this year.

After refilling the pool I SLAMmed by adding liquid bleach. At one point free chlorine was 28 ppm.

After lots of filtration, the pool now looks awesome and sparkly, probably its best ever in 10 years of ownership.

My numbers are

FC: 24
CC: 0
pH: 7.6
TA: 90
CH: 250
CYA: 75

My SWG shows 3600, but I do not have a salt test kit yet to verify.

Please can you consider my questions...

1. FC has actually increased from 20 - 24 over the last 2 days without me adding any bleach, and the water has been very clear. Should I turn off my SWG until the Cl drift down to around 3 ? Is the pool OK to swim in with the high chlorine level?

2. I think I need to increase calcium hardness. Do you agree?

3. Should I work to get the pH down or will it drift down now the SLAM is over.

Any other comments appreciated

Thanks again,

ft.

go ahead and shut your SWG off until you get down to FC of 6 and turn it back on, try to keep your FC at 6, if it drops to 5 add run time if it raises to 7 less run time... :)

Great job on having a sparkly pool :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.