Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with vacuum

Hey everyone I finally got my pool right with the test kit everyone suggested I found out cya was to high emptied out water got that right and just started with bleach. It's amazing the difference it made. Right now I am struggling with just a few leftovers in the bottom of the pool. Anytime I vacuum it stops up because of these teeny tiny little sticks in it and when I say tiny I mean tiny. Also I still have gumballs in it that I am trying to get out but hard to see in the clump of mess that's in the bottom of the pool. It's not like there is a ton of leaves and dead algae just sitting there but it's everything sitting together. Any ideas to limit the stopping up of the vacuum? I can barely vacuum anything before it stops up.

54 inch by 27 foot round above ground pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with vacuum

Even the best of vacuums have their limit. Do you have anything that you can sweep or pull gently across the bottom to try and manually scoop the majority of it our with first?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!