Balancing Levels + Adding Salt + metal treatment together?

fury81

Aug 8, 2015
Charlotte
Hello all. I have recently SLAM-ed my SWG pool and am ready to balance my levels. I need to add calcium, baking soda, stabilizer and salt. In addition, I want to treat some metal stains with ascorbic acid, so I have the ascorbic acid and poly60 ready. My questions is can I do these things at the same time or should I spread them out some days? Is there an optimal order to do them in? I figure I need to add salt soon if I want my SWG to generate chlorine, otherwise I will have to keep adding bleach.

Here are my levels:
FC - 6
PH - 7.5
Calcium - 125
TA - 60
CYA - 45

I'm guessing that I need to get my levels right before the ascorbic acid treatment. I just don't know how much time needs to be between leveling off and the ascorbic treatment.

Thanks for the help!

First, I would not raise the TA. It is fine especially since you have a SWG.

Second, if you are going to do the AA, the FC needs to be zero doesn't it? So why mess with the salt and SWG?

I would say do the AA and then deal with the rest after: Get the CYA up, add the salt, and the CH (You likely do not need it for fiberglass, but better safe than sorry I suppose).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.