Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Balancing Levels + Adding Salt + metal treatment together?

1. Back To Top    #1

Balancing Levels + Adding Salt + metal treatment together?

Hello all. I have recently SLAM-ed my SWG pool and am ready to balance my levels. I need to add calcium, baking soda, stabilizer and salt. In addition, I want to treat some metal stains with ascorbic acid, so I have the ascorbic acid and poly60 ready. My questions is can I do these things at the same time or should I spread them out some days? Is there an optimal order to do them in? I figure I need to add salt soon if I want my SWG to generate chlorine, otherwise I will have to keep adding bleach.

Here are my levels:
    FC - 6
    PH - 7.5
    Calcium - 125
    TA - 60
    CYA - 45

I'm guessing that I need to get my levels right before the ascorbic acid treatment. I just don't know how much time needs to be between leveling off and the ascorbic treatment.

Thanks for the help!
    10K gal, ing, fiberglass, Hayward Goldline SWG, 1HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Aqua Plus, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Balancing Levels + Adding Salt + metal treatment together?

First, I would not raise the TA. It is fine especially since you have a SWG.

Second, if you are going to do the AA, the FC needs to be zero doesn't it? So why mess with the salt and SWG?

I would say do the AA and then deal with the rest after: Get the CYA up, add the salt, and the CH (You likely do not need it for fiberglass, but better safe than sorry I suppose).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!