CVA-24T Actuator rotation direction

My pool would be a disaster if I only ran the robot once a month. Too much plant debris and dust/dirt. Although maybe being to devote more of the flow to the skimmer would catch more of it before it sank.

When I did have a robot, I would need to run it weekly.

Yeah I think once per week would be the minimum for my pool as well. But even that would be welcome. I'd throw the robot in on a Friday night, let it run a long clean cycle and then pull it out Sat morning. That would definitely use less power than running the pump at higher speed to make the suction cleaner run all the time.

Sadly, at roughly $1200 bucks for a robot, that's a bit far down on the list for me.

I have not gone this route "yet", I can see myself doing it sometime in the future :)

On a side note, I almost never have to vacuum ( I just bought one after a year ) My "the pool cleaner" is awesome at getting everything including sand and he just cruises around in there all the time... I wish I was closer, I could let you try it out for a week and see :)

Pentair has their 2-wheel and 4-wheel Rebels which look a lot like "The Pool Cleaner". I'm just tired of the suction side thing. A robot would be a welcome addition to the pool but a bit too pricey for me now.

My pressure side cleaner has been thrown in the yard for month or so now. It annoyed me and got tossed, literally. I never ran it much anyway because it is annoying. I have no vacuum. I have lots of trees, LOTS, look at my build thread. I run my pump minimum 14 hours a day skimming and 24x7 when the trees are busy. At 1100 rpm the pump only uses 150 watts, 12 bucks a month to run it 24x7. Usually once a week I leaf rake up stuff that sinks (not much), turn all suction to the bottom drain and brush to the drain. Works like a charm. No cleaner, no robot, no vacuum.

I thought main drains were worthless and if you have one it will crack???:blah::blah::blah:

Not worthless, just not necessary ;)

Mine main drain is worthless because the plumber tied it in series with the skimmer so I'm pretty sure it does nothing useful. But, oh well, nothing to do about it now....

Well, in all seriousness, this thread has been very helpful to me so many many thanks to all y'all for the assistance. It is most appreciated!

I thought main drains were worthless and if you have one it will crack???:blah::blah::blah:

LOL! Well, since my water was 80° this afternoon and it is going to be 84 and sunny tomorrow and I am going to be doing some drinking and sunning and swimming tomorrow maybe I will dive down to the bottom and check my drain for crack! :mrgreen:

So I had to clean out some old scheduling because I reached the limit for schedules (I was not aware it was so low). Does ScreenLogic allow you to have more schedules than the base number allowed by the EasyTouch?

I had recently changed my scheduling...ScreenLogic does not allow more scheduling than the ET itself. You are limited to 12 total or 6 schedules and 6 egg timers (or any combination adding up to 12). I don't really see why but I guess that is more than most will ever need.

I had recently changed my scheduling...ScreenLogic does not allow more scheduling than the ET itself. You are limited to 12 total or 6 schedules and 6 egg timers (or any combination adding up to 12). I don't really see why but I guess that is more than most will ever need.

That just dumb. Considering they give you a POOL circuit, a SPA circuit, 8 AUX relays and 8 FEATURE circuits, why do they limit the schedules and egg timers?? Still running an 8-bit operating system with 32kbytes of RAM probably....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.