I know my neighbor runs their waterfall most of the day, but ours is much bigger and I suspect uses a lot more energy. I have noticed the algae that tends to grow there and suspect that running the water through it more rather than less is the key to keeping that algae-free and thus the pool as well. I have already noticed that the pool level is lower, so I guess I am getting either a lot of evaporation from all those rocks in the bright hot sun or the slight dampness I notice in the joints between some stones in the back may be more important than it looks.
1 - does running the waterfall cause chlorine to break out as a gas and be lost more rapidly?
2 - my TA is still 170; will running the waterfall more often cause the pH to stay high?
3 - The waterfall pump is "Centurion Switchless" 2 HP as far as I can tell. Is this an expensive motor to run?
4 - Do you notice any significant evaporation losses with your waterfall? or do I have a leak in the rocks?