Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help please

1. Back To Top    #1

Help please

I have a 16inch saltwater intex filtration system with a 10inch sand filter. Am I going to have any issues seeing that one is 16inch and the other is 10inch..... Please help

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help please

Welcome to TFP!!!

I do not follow ... are you trying to use 2 filters?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

No sir. I have a 16 inch saltwater filtration system with built in pumpb and I wanna see if I attach that to a 10inch sand filter no pump will I have issues seeing how one is 16inches and the other is 10inches

4. Back To Top    #4

No sir. I have a 16inch intex saltwater system with built in pump. And a 10inch sand filter no pump. I was wanting to know if there would be issues since the saltwater system was 6 inches bigger than the sand filter

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if that would be 2 filters since the sand filter is the only filter the salt water is just for chlorine

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, that does not make any sense.

When you say "16 inch saltwater filtration system" and know it is Intex, I would expect that to include a pump, a 16" sand filter, and a SWG (saltwater chlorine generator).

The 16" has nothing to do with the SWG.

I think you are going to need to post some pictures.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

You are right on everything except the sand filter is only 10inches. The intex swg is 16inches with pump. Just needed to know if the 10inch sand filter had to be 16inches or could i use the 10inch sand filter

- - - Updated - - -

So basically the swg is 16inches with its own pump. I damaged the 16inch sand filter that came with it and had a friend that had a 10inch sand filter. The sand fitler does not have a pump so can i attach the 16inch swg with pump to the 10inch sand filter and everything still function properly

7. Back To Top    #7

And Im sorry I don't know how to post pics. The unit was a combo. But the sand filter cracked and had to replace it with a smaller size sand filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by michael803 View Post
    And Im sorry I don't know how to post pics. The unit was a combo. But the sand filter cracked and had to replace it with a smaller size sand filter
    Well, now we are getting somewhere.

The SWG is NOT!!! 16" ... the old cracked filter must have been 16". The SWG does not care what size filter is used. However, the pump might be a little too strong to go down to the smaller 10" sand filter resulting in dirt getting pushed through the sand and maybe getting sand into the pool. Plus you will have to clean the smaller filter more often.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

To post a pic upload it to Photobucket (free account), copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post. This will embed the pic in your thread.

Did you measure the salt cell and it measures 16"? That is not how salt cells are sized, they are spec'd by gallons of pool size they are recommended for use with. Like 10k gal, 20k gal, etc.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach