Opened for 2 weeks - Color Q results

Apr 14, 2016
Waynesboro, PA
I've been open now for 2 weeks. These results are from my Color Q. I ordered my TF-100 yesterday, according to USPS tracking, it and the speed stir should be here..... well.... who knows cuz the USPS tracking likes to keep you guessing but should be tomorrow.

FCL 3.11
TCL 3.32
PH 7.5
ALY 107
CYA 73

We've been getting some rain so it's twice dragged my PH down. Each time I raised it using washing soda and pool math, and it was raised back to 7.5 as promised by pool math. I'm not super confident in the CYA reading which is why I'm not raising my FC yet. (and the water is clear) I've used the Color Q a number of times now to test CYA... including bringing the sample water inside and letting it warm up for 2 hours before testing and all results are in the 70's. I do like the Q, but am anxious to see what the TF-100 tells me. Just thought I'd share.

TF-100 is here. I have results from the ColorQ and the TF-100.

COLORQ
FCL4.79
TCL4.93
PH7.4
ALY108
CYA67
TF-100
FCL5.5
CC.5
PH7.4
ALY100
CYA70
For the CYA only, I left my pool water inside for at least 30 minutes before testing with both kits. With the Color Q, I mixed the sample and let it sit for 2 minutes then mixed one more time per the ColorQ instructions and it read 80. Then I moved on to testing with the TF-100. Both my wife and I read between 60-70 and rounded off to 70. We tested several times each both outside with the sun to our backs and inside with relatively close results. We feel good with 70. After all that, I still had the CYA sample for the Color Q so I thought what the heck I'll test it again. I tested that same sample 2 more times and both times it read 67. So I feel like 70 it is and will target my chlorine levels accordingly and stop using tabs as soon as the little bit left in the chlorinator is used.

For the TF-100 CC test, it was barely pink and 1 drop cleared it up. The speed stir is money!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.