Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened for 2 weeks - Color Q results

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened for 2 weeks - Color Q results

I've been open now for 2 weeks. These results are from my Color Q. I ordered my TF-100 yesterday, according to USPS tracking, it and the speed stir should be here..... well.... who knows cuz the USPS tracking likes to keep you guessing but should be tomorrow.

FCL 3.11
    TCL 3.32
    PH 7.5
    ALY 107
    CYA 73

We've been getting some rain so it's twice dragged my PH down. Each time I raised it using washing soda and pool math, and it was raised back to 7.5 as promised by pool math. I'm not super confident in the CYA reading which is why I'm not raising my FC yet. (and the water is clear) I've used the Color Q a number of times now to test CYA... including bringing the sample water inside and letting it warm up for 2 hours before testing and all results are in the 70's. I do like the Q, but am anxious to see what the TF-100 tells me. Just thought I'd share.
    24' Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp - Hayward EC40C90 Perflex DE
    ColorQ Pro7 & TF 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opened for 2 weeks - Color Q results

Indeed, it will be interesting to see what your TF-100 shows. Good job ordering it. Aside from would appear to be a slightly low FC level for that CYA, I wouldn't do much of anything until your kit gets here.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TF-100 is here. I have results from the ColorQ and the TF-100.

COLORQ
    FCL 4.79
    TCL 4.93
    PH 7.4
    ALY 108
    CYA 67
    TF-100
    FCL 5.5
    CC .5
    PH 7.4
    ALY 100
    CYA 70
    For the CYA only, I left my pool water inside for at least 30 minutes before testing with both kits. With the Color Q, I mixed the sample and let it sit for 2 minutes then mixed one more time per the ColorQ instructions and it read 80. Then I moved on to testing with the TF-100. Both my wife and I read between 60-70 and rounded off to 70. We tested several times each both outside with the sun to our backs and inside with relatively close results. We feel good with 70. After all that, I still had the CYA sample for the Color Q so I thought what the heck I'll test it again. I tested that same sample 2 more times and both times it read 67. So I feel like 70 it is and will target my chlorine levels accordingly and stop using tabs as soon as the little bit left in the chlorinator is used.

For the TF-100 CC test, it was barely pink and 1 drop cleared it up. The speed stir is money!
    24' Doughboy Autumn Breeze AG - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp - Hayward EC40C90 Perflex DE
    ColorQ Pro7 & TF 100

4. Back To Top    #4

Very interesting and similar results. Thanks for sharing.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!