I've been doing the TFP method for about 2 months now, and as a result, have largely stopped going to my pool supply store. Recently they sent a bunch of coupons for free stuff and I needed a new sight window for my filter, so I figured I'd see how their numbers compared with mine. I was just curious if anyone had comments about the differences. The measurements were done 3 days apart, but I feel like that should be close enough.
- My FC number is 2.0, and I have yet to ever show a result for CC, so TC was 2.0. Is it weird to never show CC? I wonder if I'm doing the test wrong somehow.
- The pool store showed 1.8 FC and 0.5 CC for a 2.3 TC
- lately my color doesn't seem to match any of the colors in the vial, but previous to that it seemed steady at 7.5. My best guess was it had increased to 7.8 or maybe more.
- They showed 7.7 in the computer, but the red dye test led the girl to think it was closer to 8.0 and so I just added a pint of acid. We'll see what happens, I guess.
- My very first reading was 65, but in the 2 or so months it has since come down to 45. I know there's a lot of ballparking in this one.
- They showed 57
- My test says 90, down from 100 originally, which is just on the high end of acceptable according to the recommended levels page.
- Theirs has 2 numbers, TA of 99, and Adjusted TA of 82. They say this adjusted TA number should be 125-150, and wanted me to buy 16 pounds of Balance Pak 100 to raise it up. I didn't.
- I show 225, which is on the low side, but it fluctuates a little above that sometimes, so my plan was to leave it alone for now.
- Their machine said 201, which makes me think I ought to rethink that plan a little.
Thanks for any comments, tips, advice, etc. (The pool is crystal clear, by the way).