First, this forum is awesome! This is my goto place for all advice around pools (definitely a little daunting with all the things to consider).
So, we have been making progress on our pool build and the basics are as follows:
- Pool 245sq ft with 71' perimeter (approx 8500 gallons) 3.5 to 5ft depth.
- Spa 50sq ft with 25' perimeter
- Intelliflo VS 011018 3HP (filtration)
- Whisperflo 2HP (jets)
- CCP 320 Cartridge Filter
- Intellitouch Enclosure Kit Load Center with Intellichlor Trans
- i7 Intellitouch Personality kit
- Intellichlor Cell
- ScreenLogic 2 w/phone kit
- Pentair 400k BTU natural gas heater
- Intellibrite 5g color pool/spa light
- Thinking about solar...
- 3 Pool Returns
- 1 Skimmer
- Sheer descent on spa and on raised back wall (24" center of raised back wall 30")
- Gas and electric run to the back of the raised wall for firebowls to be placed on the left and right of the back. (Future)
Ok, so we had shotcrete done but there are a couple of things that I wonder about:
- I noticed we don't have a dedicated vacuum port. Apparently I'm supposed to use the skimmer with a vac plate (e.g. the Pentair Rainbow)
- The spa seat width is only about 15" to 16" of shotcrete. When I sit on it I feel like it might be too narrow. What's normal? I've heard 18" and my neighbors is 17.5". I know that plaster/pebble will add about 0.5" but can it be "over plastered" to make it a little bit wider?