Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: tf-100 test results

1. Back To Top    #1

tf-100 test results

Here is my first results of my tf-100 kit I received today.

how do the numbers look

fc-7
    cc-.5
    ta-110
    cya=0
    ph-7.2
    20,000 gallon Vinyl Lined, Sand Filter, In ground

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: tf-100 test results

Definitely need to get stabilizer in there right away. Start with a CYA target of 30 ppm for now. Do you have algae or cloudiness? If yes, then also increase FC to 12 and start your SLAM. If not, then you can allow the FC to drop a little to between 4-6. Then pH can also be allowed to rise with aeration or increase with borax to about 7.6.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the test kit

Those numbers look great but you need to get some CYA in there (CYA of 30 recommended) (I take it this is a new fill), the HTH brand 100% granules from walmart work great, use poolmath to know exactly how much to stuff in a sock and put in the pool in front of a return.. you can need the sock as much as you want, once all CYA is dissolved test 24 hours later.

Your TA is a little high but as you drop your PH using MA your TA will also go down
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

I'd be glad to send my excess CYA! BTW, please detail process of "slam" or lead me to the link. Thanks.
    14,000 Gal, InGround, Spa Attached, Satin-Matrix Northshore Tahoe Pebble-Tec, Remodel 6/15, Taylor K-2006 Kit, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Polaris 280 Sweep, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Solar Heated. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Frankhugus View Post
    I'd be glad to send my excess CYA! BTW, please detail process of "slam" or lead me to the link. Thanks.
    No problem check my signature below, and I am sure your not the first person who would willingly donate CYA
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

Not a new fill did the test as directed with kit and could see the black dot on bottom of test tube until I was out of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Welcome to TFP and congrats on the test kit

Those numbers look great but you need to get some CYA in there (CYA of 30 recommended) (I take it this is a new fill), the HTH brand 100% granules from walmart work great, use poolmath to know exactly how much to stuff in a sock and put in the pool in front of a return.. you can need the sock as much as you want, once all CYA is dissolved test 24 hours later.

Your TA is a little high but as you drop your PH using MA your TA will also go down
    20,000 gallon Vinyl Lined, Sand Filter, In ground

7. Back To Top    #7

99tj, if you could see the black dot with he tube filled all the way to the top, that means your CYA is indeed extremely low if now zero. So, to increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount (for CYA of 30) as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and suspend it near a return jet or in the skimmer. Best not to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level, although the test readings may take anywhere from 24 hours to a few days to fully register. Confirm CYA in about one week before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Once it's dissolved, consider it at 30. That will help protect your FC tremendously.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!