Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Screenlogic2 update with major bugs

1. Back To Top    #1

Screenlogic2 update with major bugs

All,

Just an FYI for those of you with Intellitouch and Screenlogic2 interface on iOS. There were some bugs introduced after the last update. There's reports of buttons being introduced that are unnecessary for some pool owners and pumps restarting randomly. One bug introduced into my system is driving me crazy. I have Intelliflo VSPs and every single time I open the Screenlogic2 App on any iOS device, all VSPs that are running will stop right at the minute change for about 5-10 seconds and then restart. I go into the App frequently to play with the lights, change speeds on my laminars, adjust spa jets, check Intellichlor, etc...and every single time I open the Screenlogic2 app, whatever pump is running will shut down and restart. Super annoying especially when I'm trying to heat the pool, I don't want flow stopped that often. Anyway, I have been in contact with Pentair on this issue and they are aware. Apparently, it has to do with the "sync iOS time/date with automation" setting in your Screenlogic2 App and a possible workaround is to disable that sync setting. That did not work for me as my pumps still stop and restart on the minute change every time I open the app even after I disabled the sync, but it might work for you. Pentair says they are working on an update to fix this bug as well as other bugs. I'm disappointed that an update hasn't been pushed out yet as it's already been 2 weeks since the last update introduced these bugs.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Screenlogic2 update with major bugs

Oh man that's got to be irritating!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Is this isolated to Apple devices? I've been running the 733 update with no issues. I'm not sure what changed on the programming side but it is working just as well as before. No issues on my MacBook either.

... Yet another reason I'm loyal to the Droids
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

4. Back To Top    #4

Pentair just put out an update for Screenlogic2. Fixed the issue of pumps turning off on the minute. Thank you Pentair! It was driving me crazy.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

I have ScreenLogic version 724 running and have NO problems whatsoever. What improvements are in the new version 733? Probably like updating a computer BIOS, if the update will not be of benefit then it is probably not worth the risk.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I updated mine and saw no difference. If you're not having trouble then leave it be.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page