Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Pressure issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Pressure issues

Hi,
    I am new to this forum, so please be patient with me My husband died a few years ago and I am learning to take care of the pool slowly...
    Several days ago I noticed that the fountain in my spa(connected & spills into the pool) was lower after running the pump all day.
    I had the pool maintenance company clean the filter, but that did not seem to have any impact. Yesterday a technician came to inspect
    it, and "sealed" one suspected leak. After he left the same thing happened. I notice air in the strainer basket (it has been cleaned) and
    the pressure drops slowly over 8 hours. He alerted me that I may need a new PUMP. The pump motor was just replaced in Sept 2015.
    (The prior one only lasted 2 years). Is there something else I should ask them to check first? I don't want to rush into any replacements
    just yet. Thanks for any advice

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Water Pressure issues

Welcome to TFP, sorry for your loss..

If air is getting into your pump basket you have a pressure side leak, they are the hardest type of leak to find unfortunately, but it can be done

Check out this webpage and see if you can find it Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks
    here is a link of pool equipment pictures.. Pool School - Visual Encyclopedia of Pool Equipment

If you have any more questions please let us know
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Water Pressure issues

Thank you so much for your quick response. I will try pouring some water over the lid once the pump starts up this morning.
    It is raining here right now, so hopefully I will be able to get to some of the items later.