First official tests are in!!!

Yes to do it the diluted cya test we would still use the tube you just want to use half pool water have tap water to start with. Odds are that draining half at the same time will not be a problem. But there's always a small risk. Although since we don't know how high your cya really is even a 50% drain may not be enough and you might have to do it again.

Question around testing cya? Can you just use half pool water and half tap instead of using the chemical that comes with the Taylor kit for the black dot test?

Question around testing cya? Can you just use half pool water and half tap instead of using the chemical that comes with the Taylor kit for the black dot test?

No. The tap water is diluting the CYA concentration in the sample. You still need the reagent to react with the CYA so you have something to measure.

As of tonight here are my results, by the time I got home it was dark, so I couldn't tell if any algae was there.

Fc 30
Cc 0.5
Ph 8.0
CYA 70

The chlorine seems to be dropping, should I keep it at SLAM levels (28)?
My Ph seems high, should I be concerned about it during this process?
I think this CYA test is more accurate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.