Using a car jack to lift pool frame?

Apr 30, 2016
Lewisville
We installed our AGP 3 seasons ago and put pavers under each post but some settling has occurredover the years. I have to replace my skimmer box so I thought about trying to use a car jack to lift a post and put another paver under it. I have 3 posts in a row that are about 2 inches below the highest posts. The rest are within 1 inch. Has anyone attempted this? I realize it's super heavy but it's not lifting the whole pool just that area.

I plan on putting a 2x10 on top of the jack to spread the load out more so to not damage the rail or post.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have done this a few times to shift the legs to be level, just be careful not to lift it too much and put strain on the wall. Its not so much the frame you need to worry about but the wall carrying the weight of all that water.
How much do you need to lift?

I would love to hear the results and see photos too. I have to do the exact same thing...3 of my posts are aboutg 2 inches low after my old liner died and leaked out...I am replacing the liner in the next few days..but have to re-level a few posts first.

Man, I dodged a bullet yesterday. My pool is on concrete with foam interlocking pads, but I noticed one of the legs looked a little crooked, and one of the T-Braces on top had a the white button pushed in, but I could not get it into position unless I lifted the pool a little.

So I placed my jack under the top rail and I started to lift. I straightened out the leg, but had an issue trying to get the white button lines up with the hole at the t-brace.
Then I noticed that where I was lifting was the vertical seam of the pool liner, the weakest point. So I lowered the pool rightaway before the liner possibly could split open. I never got the white button to click in cleanly, but its fine, I'll just keep an eye on it.
Word of advice, do not lift the pool where there is a seam in the liner wall.

I have successfully done this a few years back. In fact I started a thread on it with pics. Don't know if it's still floating around or not.

6b6eb1aa.jpg

As you can see it was off about the thickness of a piece of flagstone, about an inch and a half.

841489ad.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Jamison04, I am new this group and very interested in viewing your pics on how you raised your intex legs. I have a 22' x 52" ultra frame that has some legs that could be raised. Unfortunately, I am unable to view your photos due to the photobucket third party app. Would you happen to have them elsewhere that i could view them?

Thanks,

Lanman!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.