Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using a car jack to lift pool frame?

1. Back To Top    #1

Using a car jack to lift pool frame?

We installed our AGP 3 seasons ago and put pavers under each post but some settling has occurredover the years. I have to replace my skimmer box so I thought about trying to use a car jack to lift a post and put another paver under it. I have 3 posts in a row that are about 2 inches below the highest posts. The rest are within 1 inch. Has anyone attempted this? I realize it's super heavy but it's not lifting the whole pool just that area.

I plan on putting a 2x10 on top of the jack to spread the load out more so to not damage the rail or post.

Pro Series 16 X 48. Intex 3000 gph sand filter pump with intex saltwater water chlorinator Installed in summer of 2014.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Using a car jack to lift pool frame?

Some people have with success, but it is always a risk.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

I jacked up the posts on mine with a bottle jack to level them. Not too difficult on the round pools, just be careful and make sure your jack is well supported and lined up straight with the lifting board.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I have done this a few times to shift the legs to be level, just be careful not to lift it too much and put strain on the wall. Its not so much the frame you need to worry about but the wall carrying the weight of all that water.
    How much do you need to lift?

5. Back To Top    #5

My low point is 2" lower than the high point. About 3 posts in a row

Pro Series 16 X 48. Intex 3000 gph sand filter pump with intex saltwater water chlorinator Installed in summer of 2014.

6. Back To Top    #6

Were you successfully with this?

7. Back To Top    #7

I would love to hear the results and see photos too. I have to do the exact same thing...3 of my posts are aboutg 2 inches low after my old liner died and leaked out...I am replacing the liner in the next few days..but have to re-level a few posts first.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Man, I dodged a bullet yesterday. My pool is on concrete with foam interlocking pads, but I noticed one of the legs looked a little crooked, and one of the T-Braces on top had a the white button pushed in, but I could not get it into position unless I lifted the pool a little.

So I placed my jack under the top rail and I started to lift. I straightened out the leg, but had an issue trying to get the white button lines up with the hole at the t-brace.
    Then I noticed that where I was lifting was the vertical seam of the pool liner, the weakest point. So I lowered the pool rightaway before the liner possibly could split open. I never got the white button to click in cleanly, but its fine, I'll just keep an eye on it.
    Word of advice, do not lift the pool where there is a seam in the liner wall.

9. Back To Top    #9

I used a trail jack yesterday to fix mine. Had to drain over half the water to lift without damaging the top rail.

10. Back To Top    #10

I have successfully done this a few years back. In fact I started a thread on it with pics. Don't know if it's still floating around or not.

As you can see it was off about the thickness of a piece of flagstone, about an inch and a half.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi Jamison04, I am new this group and very interested in viewing your pics on how you raised your intex legs. I have a 22' x 52" ultra frame that has some legs that could be raised. Unfortunately, I am unable to view your photos due to the photobucket third party app. Would you happen to have them elsewhere that i could view them?

Thanks,

Lanman!

12. Back To Top    #12

I'm interested too for pics. I thought of just spading out material from the legs that are to high, less of them.

Peg

13. Back To Top    #13

Do links to pics in photobucket still work for viewing?

jack

Edit : guess not. I do still have them on pb and will see what other upload options I can use so we can see these pics again.
    Last edited by Jamison04; 07-17-2017 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Edit for non usable link

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison04 View Post
    Do links to pics in photobucket still work for viewing?

Not without paying Photobucket 399.00/year. Photobucket changed it's user agreement recently. One of the things you can't do any more with a free account is link to pictures on other sites.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer