Question on Free Chlorine.

May 3, 2016
Gahanna
Was inputting numbers on the pool math calculator. My CYA is 0, but something happened and it defaulted to 70. So slamming my pool it said I needed to take FC to 28. I added the 7 gallons of bleach, and then an hour later I figured It out. At 0 CYA, only need 10 FC to get to shock level. Will this mess anything up? Retested and FC is at 25 now.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Was inputting numbers on the pool math calculator. My CYA is 0, but something happened and it defaulted to 7. So slamming my pool it said I needed to take FC to 28. I added the 7 gallons of bleach, and then an hour later I figured It out. At 0 CYA, only need 10 FC to get to shock level. Will this mess anything up? Retested and FC is at 25 now.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
If you have a vinyl liner, it could bleach it. If your pool is plaster, probably nothing will happen. Take a few minutes to fill out your signature, okay?

Thanks Richard, liner is old and faded anyway. I updated signature. The liner came out of the track over last winter and did it again this winter. Luckily it's in the shallow end. Needed to drain the shallow end to get it back in last spring. Will need to do the same thing this spring. I just hate to replace it until I absolutely have to. No leaks and hopefully no tears after I refill it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.