Pentair WFE-6 pump making terrible sound all the sudden

Jul 9, 2015
pleasanton CA
Hello TFP community,

My Pentair WFE-6 WhisperFlopump started making a loud rattling/humming sort of sound that definitely is not right. I shut it off worrying some damage may be or will be occurring if I let it continue to run, even though it was still pumping. I have found a exploded view of the pump and parts, and am hopping the subject matter experts here could pass on some educated guesses as to what may be faling. Maybe the impeller, or a bearing? When I power on the unit it runs quiet for the few seconds before the water starts hitting it, then the noise begins.

Thank you
John

Apologies for the late reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by your question. i did try shaking the unite side to side, but no play. I then thought I would do the same while it was running so I started the pump. The sound was all but gone, and after a short time it was running normally. I suspect thee was something impeding the impeller, and has since moved on.

Thank you for your response

-John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.