Aqualogic wired keypad stopped working!

May 3, 2016
West Kelowna
Hi everyone have the Aqualogic P4 panel and it's about 8 years old now. Last summer I had the blown solder trace on the relay that I fixed myself. This year upon opening my keypad in my house stopped working. It's the AQL2-WW-PS-4

It lit up and I can use the buttons to turn the lights and pump on, but the display is just lit up, no text on it. So I can't see pool temp ect.

I opened the panel up and took the connector off that goes onto the cct. board and when I did that one of the wired broke off. I thought YES, that's the problem bad connection. Reconected and tried it again and the panel worked, but only for 30 seconds then it went out again. I've tried tracing the connection from the solder to the wires and that connection seems to be working fine. Any thoughts? I'm at a loss now. Not sure if it's a keypad issue or a control board issue.

Please help. Here's a picture of the keypad and the circuit board.

Attachments

• IMG_4826.jpg
    IMG_4826.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4829.jpg
    IMG_4829.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4828.jpg
    IMG_4828.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 31
So sorry you're having issues. Let's see if someone can help you.

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.