Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened her up!

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened her up!

This will be my 2nd year of pool ownership, followed TFP directions all last year and also the TFP Winterizing instructions last fall...so far so good, was anxious to see what was waiting for me underneath the cover this spring. Waited for the snow to melt, cleared the cover, changed 300 lbs. of filter sand, rebuilt the filter diverter valve (gaskets), cleaned the SWG, brought the water level up and then opened her up....

IMG_1831[1].jpg

I don't have the exact test numbers with me but waited 24 hours to test it anyways and numbers were:

FC - 6.5
    CC - 0
    Ph - 7.8
    CYA - 60
    Salt - 2200 or so

Salt was quite low but I added 100lbs. and will retest eventually. It's WAY too cold to swim yet but wanted to start it warming and since I use solar heating only it can take a bit.
    Polar Pools, 19' x 39' Vinyl Lined IG, 3' to 9' deep, 33,300 Gallons?
    Pentair Intelliflo VS, Hayward Sand Filter Model # S244T, Compupool SWG, Heliocol Solar Heating
    K-2006 test kit, 1766 Salt Test Kit , Taylor SpeedStir
    Built in 2009, Salt Lake City, UT.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opened her up!

Look at that! Picture-perfect with some rock-solid test numbers to boot. Nice work!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I was actually quite surprised to not see a bigger decrease in FC over the winter but I guess since it was covered and not exposed to sunlight nor use....

Now I just need to net, vacuum and wait for it to warm up. I'm manually dosing the chlorine for now but will turn the SWG on later in the year when it starts getting used.
    Polar Pools, 19' x 39' Vinyl Lined IG, 3' to 9' deep, 33,300 Gallons?
    Pentair Intelliflo VS, Hayward Sand Filter Model # S244T, Compupool SWG, Heliocol Solar Heating
    K-2006 test kit, 1766 Salt Test Kit , Taylor SpeedStir
    Built in 2009, Salt Lake City, UT.

4. Back To Top    #4

That's a beautiful blue pool. Well done you!

Just curious....why'd you change the sand out??
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain