Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Building pipe to temporarily replace salt cell

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2016
    miami, fl

    Building pipe to temporarily replace salt cell

    Hi all! I'd like to remove my salt water chlorinator cell to have it rebuilt, but I'd still like to run my pool pump. I have an old Jandy AquaPure 700 cell that is square shaped (unlike the current rounded cells) and the color of the ends are black (as opposed to some that are white). Would anyone know what kind of part I would need to purchase to thread into the existing union caps, so I can build my own replacement pipe? Thank you!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad jblizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Tucson, AZ

    Re: Building pipe to temporarily replace salt cell

    Welcome to TFP!!!

    The threads on the unions are often proprietary (I know the Hayward are), so you might have to get something from Jandy.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts